In agronomy research, its very common to collect 10 plants from a single plot, take measurements on them, and average those measurements. The plot average is the value we run statistics on, whether that means building a regression or running an ANOVA. I've recently seen a lot of my fellow grad students averaging measurements by… Continue reading Averaging Plot Data in R
There are a lot of good ways to compile different images into a single figure. For me, the print composer in QGIS works to get my map, scales, and legends into a single TIFF to embed in a word document or send as an attachment 90 percent of the time. The other 10 percent of… Continue reading Making Figures in PowerPoint
The primary reason I started Spatially Challenged is to have a lasting record of questions I get asked frequently. Since the American Society of Agronomy meeting in November, I've had a number of questions about terrain derivatives like curvature, terrain wetness index, etc. I promise I've heard those questions and the answers are coming! I… Continue reading 2019 Preview and Captioning Photos in Word
I spent most of this week at a conference (American Society of Agronomy and Crop Science Society of American joint conference in Baltimore). I learned all sorts of interesting things that are mostly not relevant to this blog, so maybe don't expect a whole lot more conference related content. Overall, the week was a great… Continue reading Maintain your Aspect Ratio!